Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Uncle Palmer


Readers who have been following my blog since the beginning of 2010 know about my '60 Influential People'. My Uncle Palmer and Aunt Reba Foust are two of the 60. Here is my entry about them:

Palmer Foust, my uncle, who let me tag along with him on his farm in White Hall, Arkansas. I spent many wonderful summer hours sitting on the fender of his tractor as he plowed the fields. Sometimes we talked, but often we just plowed in silence. There was something magical about turning the soil getting it ready for seeds. I loved my Uncle Palmer so much.
Reba Foust, my aunt and Uncle Palmer's wife, made the best bread and butter pickles. She was a great cook. After plowing all morning Uncle Palmer and I would come in for dinner (Southern lunch). Dinner on the farm was a feast, but the foods I remember most are cornbread and Aunt Reba's pickles...and sweet tea.

This layout is a tribute to Uncle Palmer. I used materials from the June Sassy Scrapper kit to create it. The kit contains Graphic 45 papers, cardstock, 7 Gypsies tag, chipboard pieces, ribbon, and more.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh I love that S.A. stamp y ou used in the background... Awesome spread Linda!
Pam Going Postal