Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mike!

This is Mike's birthday card. I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil . *Read below about winning 3 cards.*
 

 Although Mike cooks, vacuums, and does the laundry, people who know Mike know that he is a man's man.
He loves the outdoors, hunting, and fishing. He is in his element when walking in the woods or wading a stream. Mike reads a great deal, and the books he reads reflect his love of nature. When Griffin was young, he and Mike hiked, rappelled, camped, and crawled in caves. They made lots of memories together in the great outdoors.
 Now those of you who know me know I am 'way too prissy' for the outdoors. I don't like dirt, mud, or snakes. Snakes may not be that common, but I have never been outdoors where there wasn't dirt nor have I been fishing where mud wasn't plentiful! The last time I went fishing with Mike may really have been 'the last time'. I slipped trying to climb up the bank, fell into vines and weeds, and skinned my knees. I got up and headed for the truck. As I was walking I tripped over a tree root and fell flat on my face. I fell so hard I knocked the breath out of me. Mike came to help me up as I laid there gasping for air. When I was finally up, walking and able to talk, I whined, "I don't get hurt scrapbooking!" That was the last time I was in the great outdoors!
  
* I have a stash of cards I made for various design team requirements. If you would like to win 3 of my cards please leave a comment and your name on today's post. I will draw a name randomly and post the winner
Feb. 5. I will mail the cards to the US only...no international mail.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! You do a great job! Hope I win!!

Janet said...

I'd love to win one of your cards! So glad your birthday was an extra special day for you. I, for one, enjoyed following your daily journey. Thanks for letting us be a part of it:)

townsendfamily said...

Me, me, me!!=)

Ella Faith's Mommy said...

I'd love to win! Great work, LC!!
Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would love to win your cards! Mo's images ar unique & you did a beautiful job inking this one. Happy birthday Mike! Cheryl

Tammy said...

Hi Ms. Linda! your cards are always beautiful and this one is no exception.I just love it! Happy Birthday to Mike, he is a lucky man :-)

Unknown said...

Love all the cards you have shown me and given me!! I would love some more!

Kathy Saltalamachia said...

I'm with you on the great outdoors. Even if you don't fall, it's way to hard to hike and stuff! Let's just scrap! Yeah, I would love to win your cards. (You know I'm not creative enough to do anything myself.)

Carol Cauthron said...

Linda, pick me, pick me. I adore your cards.

Anonymous said...

Of course I would love to win, too, but if I win I'll share with my girls. Happy birthday, Mike.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Linda! I love this image! Gorgeous coloring again!
Pam Going Postal