Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Bildmalarna Card

I have been busy today making cards. On one I used a Bildmalarna Easter stamp. It is new and can be purchased here. If you like this type image you also might like Magnolia stamps. Magnolias can be purchased here. I color my images with Copic markers. If you are new to coloring with Copic markers, here are several  hints that may help you.
 >The best ink I have found to use with my markers is Memento Tuxedo Black. I have had success with Versa Fine; however, I heat set that ink before I color. With Memento there is no wait time for coloring.
 >Use a good quality paper when coloring with Copics. There are several brands on the market. I have had success with Neenah and Gina K.
 >Information about coloring with Copic markers is plentiful on the internet. I will list several sites that I visit often.There are plenty of excellent card makers whose blogs I visit regularly. Not only do I get to see beautiful cards, but the artists usually list the products and stamps they use. Many list the Copic markers they use which is helpful. I often write down the Copic #'s artists use if I particularly like the way a card looks. If you look on the right side bar of my blog you will find several site I like to visit. Here are two sites with specific Copic information.
   I Like Markers
   Scrap Bitz

 I have learned about myself while doing the PROCRASTINATION NO MORE project. I have learned that I am most definitely a procrastinator.....as if I had any doubt! Doing anything when it needs to be done (and I don't want to do it) takes every bit of power I have. I have had to force myself to do things....it does not come naturally with me. Mike is so NOT a procrastinator. I watch him do things before they need to be done. You would think that after 31 years of being married to him, his behavior would rub off on me. We are so lucky that my behavior didn't rub off on him or things would never get done (unless I wanted to). I admire people who get things done...like Mike and my sister Polly. I am not giving up on myself. I will push myself to get things done in a timely fashion....sooner than later....and I'll start that tomorrow!
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll start tomorrow too! lol oh so charming Linda! what an adorable image! love your coloring...love these BG papers this year!
Pam Going Postal