Thursday, March 3, 2011

Musical Ethan

Today I am sharing a card I made using Washi tape and Your Next Stamp's 'Musical Ethan'. The card is simple, and I like the way it turned out. It is for an elderly gentleman's birthday so I didn't want it heavily embellished with flowers and ribbons.

The background on the card is made with strips of green dotted and blue dotted Washi tape. I also covered a piece of scrap paper with the blue tape before cutting it with a die to mat the image. I chose not to have thread in my needle when I 'sewed' around the image since the tape has adhesive on it. (Faux thread could be created with a marker.) The background around Ethan was done using a technique explained HERE.

Card recipe:
Your Next Stamp 'Musical Ethan' (coming to iCopic.com soon)
X-Press IT blending paper
Memento tuxedo black ink
Copic markers
Washi tape
Kraft cardstock
Dymo label maker
Sharpie poster paint marker
Nestabilities dies
Sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate each of you! LindaC

5 comments:

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Fabulous Linda! Love the look of the tape and your coloring is wonderful!

Pam S. said...

so cute Linda! Love the colors on kraft... cool tape, I haven't tried that stuf!
Pam Going Postal

Vicki C said...

SO cute Linda! Hope your Griffin has safe travels and seeing lots of amazing things while "down under".

SemSee said...

Ooo, I love this card Linda! Love how you're used Washi tape instead of DP - how clever! Amazing colouring as per usual! Awesome work! Hugs, Sem x

Ana (Anrilla) said...

wow, your card is beautiful!