Thursday, February 10, 2011

Honey, You're Sweet!

Hi Friends! Hope you are warm! We are snuggled in here with the snow outside! It's a good day to create.

Today's card is one I created using a stamp from iCopic.com. It is 'Love Lolita Honeybee' by C.C. Designs. It can be purchased HERE.


Recipe:
'Love Lolita Honeybee' stamp
Memento tuxedo black ink
X-PRESS IT Blending cardstock
Copic markers
   R000, 20, 22, 24, 30, 35, 37, 39,
   Y32, 35, 38
   E00, 11, 25, 31, 37, 50
   W9
   B000, 00
Washi paper adhesive tape
Bo Bunny design paper
American Craft ribbon
Recollection pearls
Bazzill paper trim
Stickles
chalk
SEI rub on

Thought I would share a tip I have been using recently. On my Copic markers I have been replacing the broad nibs with round nibs. The round nibs are stiffer and easier to control than the brush nibs. I use the round nibs in small areas and to outline the outside of an image.





Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you decide to try my tip. Stay warm. Linda

17 comments:

Alyssa S said...

This is just gorgeous!!! I love what you've done with this little gal - so much better than the All that Scraps DT!!!

Missy said...

Adorable!! I love it! I am trying to decide whether or not I should just go ahead and get the Copics or my free Prisma's!!

Sonia said...

beautiful card Linda! Where have you been lately?

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful coloring on this image Linda! She is too cute. Thanks for that nifty tip. I just heard about this tip at CHA! Thanks for passing on the info with your loyal adoring fans!!
Hugs,
Barb

Card Crazy said...

What beautiful outlining. It's so smooth and perfect. Thanks for the nib tip "tip". I am definitely going to try that as soon as I can order some.
Sue S.

Danielle Champagne said...

HEllo Linda, very sweet little card. Love the image, wonderfully colored. Thank you for the tip about Copic, will certainly try this.
Hugs. Danielle.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Great idea! And I LOVE your card!!!

LINDA W. said...

Great card and thank you for the tip

Sandy said...

First of all let me say that your card is wonderful - I love the way you have positioned the hearts and the ribbon - red and yellow are my favorite colors. Thanks for the tip --I am gonna try this for sure.
Thanks,
Sandy

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Such a gorgeous looking card and you've colored the image perfectly! Thanks for the nib info. I think I may just do that.
Bless lie,
Leslie

Iulia said...

Such a sweet card! Gorgeous coloring and choice of colors!
Love that bow!
Hugs, iulia

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and fun embellishment Linda. Love your tutorial and never though of that. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Paula said...

Great tip! I'm off to buy some round nibs! thanks!

Candy said...

Excellent card, Linda!!
Thank you so much for this tip about changing the ends of the 'tips'. I hope I can get some soon - will help me greatly :o)
Hugs, Candy

SATYA LAKSHMI said...

very very touchy. You are great.

Anonymous said...

I replaced my broad tips with the round tips. Love it. makes outlining so easy. Thanks Linda.
Cathy L.

Chris said...

Thank you so much for the tip, Linda! I guess I'll be ordering round nibs! Your card is wonderful! I love your coloration. You are sooooooo good! Keep up the great work!

XO
Chris Christensen