Thursday, August 26, 2010

An Etsy Inspired Card

Today I created a card for the challenge blog called Etsy Inspired. Each week this challenge blog chooses an Etsy shop to feature. Anyone who wishes to participate in the challenge is asked to visit the featured shop and choose an item that inspires her. Using the chosen item the participant then creates a project based on the inspiration.

This week's featured Etsy shop is Global Child Collection. I chose 'Protect Our Water' for my inspiration.


Here is my Etsy inspired card:

To create this card I used the Whimsie Doodles image 'Whale and Baby'. I printed the image of Papertrey Ink white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I applied Glossy Accents to the water spout. The design paper is from a K&Co. stack. I used a Stampin' Up border punch for the scalloped edge. The ribbon is American Craft, and the Dew Drops are from Robin's Nest. I used buttons from my stash.

I have been really busy this week making cards and coloring. Life is good!

8 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

This card is so adorable. Love those little whales.

SmilynStef said...

What adorable whales ... wonderful inspired design.

de said...

OMG I love those cute whales! So perfect!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Kara said...

this is so cute..i love it...and your blog header and design is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

awww...they're so cute Linda! wonderful coloring and designing!
Pam Going Postal

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card, Linda!!

Joy said...

i love love love this card, perfect for the inspiration piece!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Awww, how sweet. Your coloring is just beautiful!! Great design.

hugs,
Wendy