Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Tutorial Tuesday

Over at the Whimsie Doodles blog there is a tutorial on how to make a CD holder out of cardstock. This project also would hold a photograph, a note, or a recipe card. Jump on over there and check it out! I love how the front is decorated with one of the 'Shell-a-bration' images.

Today my card features the Whimsie Doodles image  'Miyako Cookies'.

To make this card I first printed the image on Papertrey Ink paper and then on Basic Grey paper so I could paper piece the kimono. I colored the image with Copics markers before I pieced the kimono. I have found it much easier to color before I adhere anything to the image. These colors are definitely not my usual choices; however, the Basic Grey paper had the Oriental look I was seeking. I added gray and orange cardstock to match the BG paper. The die cuts were done with a Spellbinder Nestabilities, the edge with a Martha Stewart border bunch, and the butterflies are from a Stampin' Up! Sizzlet. The butterflies are embossed which makes them really nice. Along with the Copic markers, I added Spica pens in green and gold and Glossy Accents. The flowers are Prima and Petaloo. There are Robin Nest dots on the corners.

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. LindaC

No comments: