Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Browsing Through the Junque Store

I had a dental appointment today, so while I was in town I dropped off some items at the junk store. While I was there I took a quick look for treasures. I saw several things that interested me but I made only one purchase. For 69 cents I bought a vintage apron kit, probably from the late 60's  (maybe early 70's), considering it has lime green, brown, and orange birds on it. I can remember when ladies decorated their kitchens in those colors. Mushrooms were popular as decorations back then also. My BFF had a macrame' store in Nashville called 'Under the Mushroom'. At that time ladies made macrame' plant hangers with wooden beads, and I can remember brown and orange beads on tan macrame' hangers. While I was looking at the pattern's instructions I read the following, "a gay new apron brightens your kitchen chores". Time passing changes our language as well as our decors, motifs, and color choices.

3 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

I love that funky color Linda, it's so cute!! You should wear it and take a picture to show us, LOL :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sheri said...

How fun! I had a kitchen decorated with those "wonderful" colors in the late 60's and thought it was the bees knees! I also made a ton of macrame' plant hangers with orange and brown beads as well as a hanging table! Those were the days, weren't they?

Anonymous said...

how cool! what a great find!
Pam Going Postal