Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crayon Envy

Coloring has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl. I can remember coloring Barbie images in coloring books and making sure the shoes and hat matched the dress. At school I was envious of kids who had those big boxes of crayons with the sharpener. I was in my 50's when I finally got one for Christmas from a Wilson Co. teacher friend. She had heard my story about wanting one as a child. It's funny how childhood desires manifest into adulthood realities. Now I color with markers that cost a great deal more than that box of crayons, but there is still something wonderous about having a new box of crayons....all sharpened perfectly, no torn wrappers, no broken pieces....like soldiers lined up waiting to be called into service.

Cindy, owner of StampingScrapping.com is now the US distributor for Bildmalarna stamps. These sweet images can be seen here. Here are two I have colored this week.




3 comments:

susan casner said...

Hey Linda, I love your Crayon Envy story. Part of the fun of teaching preschool is opening up a box of fresh crayons and seeing all the points (I enjoy this at age 52), but my kiddo's don't always have the same respect for that, a few just seem fascinated with breaking off the tips or breaking them in 2, I cringe. My biggest thing is them mixing watercolor paints (without cleaning the brush) and playdough colors. I have to bite my tongue because they HAVE to explore! I guess I was a very anal child????? Susan Casner

denise said...

Linda,
Love your designs and your coloring. It is SO nice to see pictures of little boys for a change. And these are super cute! I love these stamps.

Sheri said...

I love the colors you chose. I know what you mean about the crayons. I have a couple of boxes around here that have never been used. Occasionally I get them out to look at them and smell them. I must be weird but it makes me happy!