Saturday, December 26, 2009

Paper Dolls

  As a child I loved to color and play with paper dolls. My first paper dolls were cut from the Sears & Roebuck catalog; many women my age can make the same statement. New catalogs were issued in the spring and fall, and with an old catalog, a little girl could have hundreds of dolls. I always was frustrated by the fact that the women in the catalogs were large (about 5 inches tall), while the men usually were small (about 3 inches). I suppose when they designed the catalogs the designers weren't concerned about little girls making paper dolls from the catalog pages.
  I still enjoy coloring, and my newest craft addiction is stamping and coloring images. I am fond of Magnolia stamps and Copic markers. Both can be found at http://stampingscrapping.com/