Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 has been an up and down year for me. Depression was hidden in various closets and drawers of our home, and I never knew where I would find it next. One of the exercises I used to lift my spirits during 2009 was to focus on others. When I felt myself slipping into sadness I would make a card or a mini album to give to someone. I discovered that creating for others kept me from thinking about myself. I also tried to remember Psalm 30:5  "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."

I made this card for a young couple in KY when they purchased their first home.

This sweet image can be found at Mo's Digital Pencil.

Be safe and enjoy New Year's Eve. Linda

3 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

I am here to brighten your day :o)
Only a few more hours, 2009 will be past and there will be a better tomorrow. Cheer Up!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cheryl said...

Linda, I too struggle with those bouts of depression & have for years. Your transparentcy is refreshing and serves to help in your own healing as well as the healing of others. I like that in you. Found your pix in my year book. You are 1 year behind me in high school.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your depression, thanks for helping me think about it in a new way. I will have to remember when I start to feel sad, help others. Thanks so much for sharing.